Dykstra Knight Roofing is currently searching for the most eager, dependable, experienced and trustworthy individuals who want to join our team!
As a general labourer you will be given the chance to develop your knowledge within the roofing industry and contribute to a great team with lots of growth opportunities
- Wages for General Labourers starts at $25.00/hr and can increase depending on skill.
- Overtime pay included.
- Competitive overtime rates.
- Work weeks are 40 hours.
- If you are from out of town, Dykstra Knight will pay for moving expenses once a contract is signed.
- Dykstra Knight will contribute to your RRSP once a contract is signed and your probation period has ended.
What you will be doing in the role:
You will be responsible for assisting our experienced roofers, while helping to maintain a safe, and clean worksite.
Specifically you will be:
- Loading and unloading materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves,
- Safely loading material into vehicles, ensuring that they are strapped, braced or padded to prevent damage,
- Lifting heavy materials;
- Lifting heavy objects by hand, cleaning work areas and equipment to assist operators,
- Perform miscellaneous roofing duties under the supervision of a Production Roofer.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt shingles
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
What you should bring to the role
In order to have success you should be a team oriented worker, eager to learn and can follow direction. You will be physically able to stand, walk and lift materials for long periods of time and comfortable working outdoors and at heights.
And, you should also be/have:
- Experienced Labourers
- Experienced Shinglers
- 1 year minimum of previous experience in construction or roofing
- A valid driver’s license and means of transportation
- Punctual, reliable and professional
- Open to learning new skills
- Able to communicate effectively with team members
- Working at Heights / Fall Arrest Ticket an asset
- Working at Heights training provided, please inquire for details.
Dykstra Knight Roofing would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting wage of $25.00 per hour (can increase depending on skill) plus competitive overtime rates included.
Get in Touch
Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm
1249 Rosslyn Rd
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V9
What we Do